WHY GO SOLAR?
What’s Good For the Planet is Good For Your Wallet
Whether you’re committed to helping fight global warming by reducing your own CO2 emissions, or looking for ways to get control over your ever-increasing utility bill, solar offers a solution with benefits for all.
Reduces Electricity Bill
By installing a PV system you can eliminate or significantly reduce your monthly electric utility bill. Other benefits include:
- Generous government incentives can be found to help reduce the initial capital costs of a solar system by as much as 30%.
- The cost of electricity from the utility is getting higher every day, and will only continue to rise. But by generating your own power with solar, you can stabilize your cost of electricity and even reduce it’s sensitivity to future rate hikes.
Increases Property Value
Studies have indicated that homes with solar systems sold at a greater price point than homes without such systems. The price premium you will get for the solar system may recoup much of the original capital investment.
Researchers compared the prices of about 2,000 solar homes sold in between 2001 and 2009 to those of 70,000 comparable homes without solar panels.
- On average, a home solar system added about $5.50 per watt to a home's resale value. (A 3.1-kilowatt solar system can add around $17,000 to the home's value).
- On homes where solar panels were installed after construction, solar panels increased resale value by more than $6 per watt.
- On new homes with solar pre-installed, solar panels increased resale value by around $2.30 to $2.60 per watt to the sale price.
Smart Business Decision
A solar energy system is a smart option for businesses. Solar panels reduce the amount of electricity coming from fossil fuels, supplying business operations with clean, renewable energy. Many business owners, from hotels to wineries to retail stores, are making the decision to reduce their electricity bills and go solar today.
A solar energy system can benefit your business in numerous ways:
- Save significantly on your utility expenses
- Add value to your commercial property
- Take advantage of major tax benefits specifically for businesses
- Create a green image for your company