Help save your planet and your pocket
A Community First Green Loan can be used to finance the purchase of approved environmentally friendly products. Our green loans are available for residents in any state in Australia.
How does it work
Our Green Loan rewards you for going green by giving you a super low personal loan rate currently 6.12% p.a.* (comparison rate 6.33% p.a.**) to assist you in making these environmentally friendly purchases.
What products are covered by the green loan?
Examples of products covered by our Green Loan product include:
- Solar hot water systems
- Double Glazing
- Photovoltaic (PV) panels and systems
- Grey water treatment system
- Split system, evaporative cooler or high star rated, zoned air conditioner
- Energy efficient white goods and appliances
- Solar pool heater
- Gas, solar, hydronic or reverse cycle air conditioners with a minimum 4 star rating
- External awnings
- Highly efficient electric heaters (minimum 5 stars) or solar, hydronic or heat pump system
- Rain water tanks
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lighting
Green Loan features and benefits
- No monthly loan account keeping fees
- Additional payments allowed
- Redraw on your loan with no minimum amount
- Ability to roll your loan in to a home loan at an even cheaper rate
- Loan terms from 1-5 years
- Loan amounts from $1,000 to $35,000 for approved products
- Please note that our Green Loan is not available for debt consolidation purposes.
Managing your loan
At Community First, we provide you with a range of convenient ways for you to view and manage your loan:
- Internet Banking (optional)
- Mobile Banking (optional)
- Telephone Banking (optional)
- E-statements (optional)
- Over the counter at our 11 Financial Services Stores
Applying for a loan with Community First
Depending on what is most convenient for you, you can choose to apply online, over the phone, or by visiting one of our Financial Services Stores. After you apply for a loan with Community First, we will contact you within 24-48 hours regarding your application.
Our Loan Calculators will help you work out a range of calculations such as how much you may be able to borrow, what your repayments will be, and how additional repayments can affect your loan term and interest paid.